How to clean jewelry manually ？Precautions for manual cleaning of jewelry
Please prepare cleaning solution, towel and toothbrush.
(1) A soft cloth and towel on the working face are required. The goal is to keep gem materials from rolling and bouncing around. The sink with slot holes is not permitted.
(2) Ammonia, acid, alcohol, and other chemical components in detergents should not be abused. To avoid discoloration, they should be used in accordance with the type of gem material.
(3) When removing a stain from a gem material, use a small wooden stick to cut the tip and gently scrape it off, rather than metal materials such as sharp and hard spikes.
(4) It is best to use water that is around 30 °C. Hot water has the ability to soften the glue and protect the gem from thermal shock.
(5) A magnifying glass is provided to observe the cleaning effect on a regular basis.
(6) To avoid sun or ultraviolet damage, dry the cleaned gemstone materials in a cool place rather than directly in the sun.
(7) Soaking is not recommended for some gem materials because they can absorb water and change color. Organic gem materials can also cause internal material structure changes.
(8) Check the number of gem materials before pouring out the cleaning solution. It should be noted that broken diamonds in the vicinity of diamonds may be washed away.
(9) Wipe the jewelry with a soft dry cloth after cleaning to restore its luster.
Notes on machine cleaning jewelry
(1) Ultrasonic washing:
the ultrasonic scrubber concentrates wave energy in the cleaning solution on the solid surface (i.e. the surface of gemstone material) to form a tiny vacuum, and the vacuum explosion can remove dirt.
Ultrasonic washing has a good washing effect on K-gold, plain gold, and some gemstones, and can clean the oil dirt and dust that the brush cannot clean.
However, the vibration of the wave and the rise in temperature of the washing pool caused by it are not good for some gem materials, causing the liquid and other natural inclusions and cracks in the gem to expand and explode, and even destroying the structure.
As a result, the ultrasonic cleaning machine is not appropriate for all gems, such as emeralds and pearls.
(2) Steam washing:
while it is very effective at cleaning metal gemstone materials, it can cause serious problems with delicate or glued gemstones.
(3) Boiling washing
Boiling washing is extremely dangerous due to the temperature change caused by this method. If this method is required, it is preferable to preheat the gem material before immersing it in boiling water, and then slowly cool and dry it after washing.
Precautions for cleaning jewelry
(1) Use caution when cleaning jewelry with cleaning solutions. Most jewelry cleaners contain ammoniac water (ammonia), which not only cleans gems but also brightens metals. Except for pearls and porous gems like turquoise, amonia is safe for most gems.
(2) Avoid using bleach. The chlorine in bleached water can cause the alloy to pit, decompose, and even corrode.
(3) Avoid using abrasive detergent, detergent, and toothpaste. Because the toothpaste contains fine grinding particles that are extremely hard. These particles are extremely small, but their hardness can reach 6 or 7 degrees (almost the same as crystal).
As a result, using toothpaste to clean jewelry will damage the surface of gems with lower hardness than crystal, particularly the surface of pearls, gold, and K-gold.
(4) Avoid washing with hot water. Diamonds have relatively stable physical properties and can be cleaned with boiling water.
However, some gemstones (such as amethyst) are extremely fragile and sensitive to temperature changes. As much as possible, boiling water should be avoided.
2 thoughts on “how to clean jewelry ?”
Good Afternoon everyone ! can anyone suggest where I can purchase Neurogan Inc CBD Pet Treat Full Spectrum Dog Treats 10mg?
bookmarked!!, I like your web site!